The genetic bonding that lasts forever- a tribute to my papa, this Father's Day.

Father is someone, who builds an iconic image for his daughter. Father is someone, who holds an inspiration and raises benchmark for his children. Those who have him, are blessed with countless love, affection and motivation.

My parents- Rashmi Singh

I am too blessed with a kind, affectionate and a very gentle father, who shaped my life through his constant guidance and intellectuality, to rise above all adversities, all highs and lows, all ups-and-downs, and through all meandering curves that came across the path of my life. He kept pushing me to make me a better person and to emerge as a strong one in this fast approaching world. His words of wisdom, the knowledge and his experiences to see life, is just like a treasure in the ocean. 

We share many similar traits being father and daughter and I am very thankful to have him in my life. His virtues and wisdom constantly inspired me with an old saying -"Age can never be a barrier but just a number" and we must keep learning and moving as long as we can. Even my mother shares the same values alike my father. Both make a good combination for motivation, guidance and inspiration for all of us with their strong values and principles. Moreover, they have been a great source of inspiration who have always tried to cultivate values of hope and aspiration within me- hope to live, embrace and appreciate whatever we have in life and to constantly work towards betterment. 

Out of six, being the eldest one, learnings, understandings and care to hold responsibilities stroked on me at a very early age. Education and values covered the most part of my life, to rise with grace and sanity. I owe it all to my parents who laid the foundation of carrying all the basic values from the very beginning. 

A father can never retire of his duties towards his family. I have seen my papa working profoundly with same vigour and energy till date. He completed his 65th last February. Parents are sacred figures. They give you hope -Hope to rise, to live and to endure every pain and obstacles in life with courage and fearlessness.

Being a daughter, I have always admired his words of wisdom and his poetic sense too! One of his favourites that he keeps on reciting from an old book, really drives me in:

                                                                     "आग लगी इस वृक्ष में, जलते इसके पात,

                                                                        तुम क्यों जलते पक्षियो! जब पंख तुम्हारे पास?

                                                          फल खाये इस वृक्ष के, बीट लथेड़े पात,

                                                                        यही हमारा धर्म है, जलें इसी के साथ। "

(A fire broke into the woods. One of the old trees asked the birds to leave using their wings. But the birds deny, saying, 'they lived most of their lives on its branches and spread shits on its leaves. The conscience and spirit doesn't allow us to leave this place. We will share the same destiny.")

- A long desired tribute..

#Father #Mother #Parents #FathersDay #Life #Courage #Genetics #Bonding

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO proposes framework for a safer, transparent & ethical use of human genome editing tools worldwide!

Way Forward- #PostCOVID (A brief introspection from my end)

COVID's new mutant spell 'Omicron' knocks the world with a silent hit